The Haileybury Information and Knowledge Service provides a new system of support for learning, study, teaching and research. Information literacy and research skills are now vital parts of any child’s education.
Workshops on using digital and physical collections, reading, note taking are offered to pupils. In addition, HIKS is dedicated to the promotion of understanding the importance of new technologies that support information literacy and the communication of knowledge. The collaboration of information services with academic departments, the provision of quality physical and digital resources and the support for individuals and the curriculum all have a significant impact on the quality of learning that takes place in a school.
ENCOURAGING INDEPENDENT RESEARCH
HIKS is committed to showing the pupils and the public at large the value of the libraries and collections. The collections at Haileybury demonstrate the importance of scholarship and help to nurture a desire to understand the World.
SUPPORT FOR LEARNING AND RESEARCH
HIKS supports learning and research through:
- Information literacy courses for classes and individuals
- Training in research skills and referencing
- Providing advice and support on resourcing for subjects and the curriculum
- Advice on suitable materials for courses, lessons and research projects
- Creating reading lists in collaboration with departments
- Providing access to suitable materials from physical and digital collections
- Caring for the collections so that pupils can access them